Welcome to the site dedicated to supporting Colorado sector strategies and partnerships.
What is a sector partnership?
A sector partnership is an industry specific regional partnership led by business in partnership with economic development, education, and workforce development. Over 450 businesses are actively involved in sector partnerships across Colorado. Current Sector Partnerships include:
- 11 Healthcare
- 7 Advanced Manufacturing
- 1 Tourism and Outdoor Recreation
- 2 Agriculture
- 1 Energy and Natural Resources
- 1 Construction
Colorado sector partnerships report:
- Over the past year, nearly every active or emerging sector partnership increased participation by businesses in the target industry and region, as well as education, training, and student/job seeker support organizations (K-12, postsecondary, workforce programs, etc.).
- Over 80% of partnerships implemented joint or shared projects across support organizations.
- 78% of partnerships increased student/job seeker awareness of training/education programs.
- More than 80% of partnerships have businesses that experienced improvements in HR policies and/or employee development practices as a result of their participation in their sector partnership.
- More than 80% of sector partnerships have businesses that have found support in connecting with employees with the skills and experiences their business needs as a result of their participation in the partnership.
What are career pathways?
A career pathway is a series of connected education and training programs, work experiences, and student support services that enable individuals to secure a job or advance in a demand industry or occupation. In Colorado, we are building career pathway systems through industry-led sector strategies and partnerships.